Isle of Wight Day Tour from London
Take a day trip from London to the beautiful Isle of Wight! Getting there involves boarding the ferry from Southampton to cross the Solent...the strait of the English Channel that separates the south coast of England from the Isle of Wight.
Once on the "The Island" (as the locals call it), you will visit Osborne House - designed by Prince Albert himself and frequented by him, Queen Victoria and their family as their private summer residence. Entrance to the gorgeous Osborne House is included.
The tour also visits Shanklin and/or Sandown to spend some time enjoying the beautiful beaches. And lastly, you'll go to Godshill where you can explore the traditional village with some of the oldest architecture on the Isle of Wight, including traditional thatched roof cottages, see the adorable miniature model village, or purchase some local cider to take home. Heading back to London, there's a scenic drive back to the ferry terminal and the return trip on the boat to Southampton. The coach will drop you near London Bridge Station around 9:30 pm.
Rates - including tax
(Per Person, Ages 18+):
(Per Person, Ages 5-17):
Child - Free
(Ages 4 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
Scheduled 2022 Tour Dates
Sunday, April 17
Saturday, May 14
Saturday, June 4
Sunday, June 19
Sunday, July 24
Monday, August 29
Sunday, September 11
Please Note: Tour departure time is approximate; specific pick-up time at the meeting location near London Bridge is 7:15 am and will need to be pre-arranged by phone or email (details on your E-Ticket).
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour requires a minimum total of 10 persons booked to guarantee the tour to operate on any specific scheduled date; if the minimum number of persons is not met for the date and time of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; the meeting location is near London Bridge and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to reconfirm and get specific details of the meeting location (phone/email contact information on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
This tour has received the "We're Good To Go" designation from Visit England and the "Safe Travels" designation from the World Travel & Tourism Council. Currently, no country-wide restrictions exist in England - except that masks must be worn on all publc transportation (which includes the ferry between Southampton and the Isle of Wight). In addition, individual businesses may set their own mandates, so it is strongly suggested you always carry your face masks with you in order to comply with any such requirements.
This tour requires a minimum total of 10 persons booked for a specific tour date to be guaranteed to operate. If the minimum number of persons is not met for the date of your reservation, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives.
- Roundtrip travel by motorcoach and ferry
- Guided small group tour
- Entrance fee to Osborne House
- Time at Leisure on Isle of Wight beaches and in Godshill
- Meals & snacks (free time to purchase food & beverages on the Isle of Wight but none is included in the tour price)
- Optional shopping or other personal expenses
- 7:15 am - Pick-ups at the meeting location near London Bridge, easy to reach by public transport. When your tour is confirmed, you will need to contact the guides to reconfirm and receive specific details.
- 7:30 am - Depart London from the London Bridge meeting point and head to Southampton. The drive takes a little over two hours.
- 10:00 am - Ferry Crossing - This is the usual ferry departure time on the Southampton to East Cowes crossing, which takes around 50 minutes.
- 11:00 am-11:15 am - Arrive at Osborne House. Once on the Isle of Wight, the first stop is Osborne House, Queen Victoria’s summer palace (entrance is included).
- 12:30 pm - Depart Osborne House. This is the approximate time of departure, subject to the weather and other concerns.
- 1:00 pm - Arrive at Shanklin or Sandown. Following the visit of Osborne House, the bus will head south to Sandown and/or Shanklin, two of the most beautiful beaches on the Isle, for free time to enjoy the beach or have lunch "on your own."
- 2:45 pm - Depart Shanklin/Sandown for Godshill. Next the tour makes its way to Godshill (only around 15 minutes driving distance) where you will have time to explore the Model Village and taste the locally made cider.
- 4:00 pm - Depart Godshill, taking the scenic route back to East Cowes, driving through Blackwater and Newport (time-permitting).
- 5:30 pm - Return Ferry Crossing. Your return journey will start with the 5:30 pm ferry crossing from East Cowes to Southampton, followed by the drive back to London.
- 9:30 pm - Arrive in London. This is the approximate time of drop-off back in central London near London Bridge Station.
What to Bring/Wear
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Beachwear (suggest you wear a swimsuit under your outer clothing)
- Monitor the weather for the day of your tour and dress appropriately.
- You may bring snacks and bottled water for the trip.
- Bring money for lunch, additional snacks and souvenirs.
- Don't forget your camera!
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. No hotel pickup is available for this tour; the meeting location is near London Bridge and you will need to contact the guides at least 48 hours before your tour date to reconfirm and get specific details of the meeting location (phone/email contact information on your E-Ticket). Rates are per person in US Dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.